Basic Steps to Follow When Installing a Solar System
- Ensure the roof area or other installation site is capable of handling the desired system size.
- If roof mounted, verify that the roof is capable of handling additional weight of solar system. Augment roof structure as necessary.
- Properly seal any roof penetrations with roofing industry approved sealing methods.
- Install equipment according to manufacturers specifications, using installation requirements and
procedures from the manufacturers’ specifications.
- Properly ground the system parts to reduce the threat of shock hazards and induced surges.
About the Author: Graduate Farmer
Graduate Farmer's aim is empowering young men and women from becoming job seekers to job creators through the agribusiness value chain.